Sunday, May 10, 2015

Conversation with your Soul [Poem]

I want to have a conversation with your soul. 
I have to have a conversation with your soul 
so I can love you. 
You can’t love what you don’t know. 
Reveal some of your inner self to me. 
But not all at once - 
that would be imprudent. 
A soul is too vast a thing 
for anyone to behold 
all at once. 
But please 
just give me a glimpse.
Then 
I will reciprocate 
and the more we show of our inner selves 
the more we can be loved. 



You hesitate.
I understand. 
To reveal yourself to someone you first have to know yourself. 
We are, all of us, abysses - 
dark, enigmatic, with terrible depth. 
It is silly 
and frightening 
that we can spend all day with ourselves 
but not know who it is that 
gazes out of our eyes, 
speaks out of this mouth. 
touches with these hands. 
But please 
dive into that inner ocean 
and shine the light of introspection upon it. 

No one can do it but you.

No comments:

Post a Comment