Thursday, October 17, 2013

Blind to Heaven and Earth [Poem]

Being cerebral, I am blind to Heaven and Earth.
My thoughts, as mist, obscure this world of simple magic.
My eyes see the leaves, but not their labyrinths of texture.
My ears hear the rain, but not its soothing symphonies.
To be busy hoping, to be busy fearing, to be.

But the vision of this ocean has popped open my Mind,
revealing the vastness! There's so much going on out there!
Oh my God! This world, so much color, I could drown in it!
The redness of red, the greenness of green!
Fwooommmssshhh, Fwwwwoooommmsssshh...
Wwwwwoooossshhh, Wwooooossssssshhhhhhhh...
The mantras of the Ocean and Wind hypnotize me!
Every sight, every sensation is synthesized in this special space!
Mind, Body, and Other totally brought together as one experience!

Such incredible presence! Yeah, this is what life is all about!!!
The memory of that place is as imprinted in my mind as a carved letter on a rock.
I can bring myself back to that time and place with just a thought.




No comments:

Post a Comment