Monday, August 19, 2013

Emotions [Poem]

Anxiety, Sorrow, Anger, Envy.
Joy, Compassion, Love, Silliness.
Enthusiasm, Awe, Heartbreak, and ineffability.
You're all strangers to a person like me,
an unexpected visitor knocking on the door of the present moment.
I didn't let you in, so why are you making yourself feel welcome?
Oh, know what? That's fine.

I'll get to know you a little,
those vibes and sensations,
How you play the appropriate background music of the present moment,
coloring it with a distinct mood. If not for you, it would be dull and grey!

Sometimes I don't care if your presence is toxic or nectarine,
You remind me I'm not a lifeless robot that can only
COMPUTES thoughts and appearances.
Yes, you make me LIVE them!

But when I try too hard to make you feel welcome,
you slip away, like sand between my fingers.
Ah, the inexpressibly subtle art of really emoting!

Maybe one day I'll master that art,
but,
until then these exceptional moments of great feeling
will run away from my intellectual ego-mind
like little children running from the boogeyman.



No comments:

Post a Comment