Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Love is Like a Weed [Poem]

LOVE IS LIKE A WEED [POEM]

In the Garden of emotions, 
Love is like a weed. 
When you see it, say:
“This, I don’t need”.

Now, kill it, swiftly,
before love grows and grows!
Or else you will be
under love's maddening throes. 

Ascetic logic will guard you
from cupid’s heart-arrow. 
A passion enjoyed today, 
is regretted in the morrow. 

The dances and songs of lovers!
These are just so many illusions. 
So happy alone I will always be,
that is my ultimate conclusion. 

Now, look at this one here, 
she is pretty, she seems nice. 
But does she have the power,
to ignite my heart of cold ice?

No, no! I shall chase no further
I will not get entangled once more
in Romance’s spider web,
for then freedom will be done for. 

Truly, truly: I have belief in God(s). 
I believe there are afterlives and souls.
But there is one thing I do not believe:
earthly love that can make me whole.  


No comments:

Post a Comment