Saturday, November 1, 2014

That Subtle World [poem]

That Subtle World 

Can I tell you
a secret?
I'm confessing more for me than for you.
I need words to make
light out of the
shadows of my
experience.

Okay? Okay.

Sometimes,
when my eyes collapse with longing for sleep,
my esoteric eyes awaken unexpectedly,
to a subtle world
just behind this one.

In that place,
everything feels lighter than snowflakes.
Especially me.
I effortlessly 
phase through walls 
I joyfully 
fly like a phantasmic bird
and stumble upon
red ravines in the sky.
A rotund, eyeless creature 
covered in itches
crawls on its belly.
An ethereal piercing noise, 
carries me across
possible destinies
and returns me to reality. 

It has to be symbolic.
To elucidate it would be
a revelation.
Please,
don't tell me it's only confusing.
it's got to mean

something.


You may never notice you were in
that world
until you come back to
this one.

The translucent body I just had,
will give way to the familiar one,
with all its throbbings and pulsations
and, well,
the things that flesh is heir to.

Every time I come back,
I wish:
I could stay in that world
forever.

I'm becoming a day dreamer and a night contemplater,
I'm becoming a morning zombie and a night mystic,
a part-time philosopher, part-time poet, part-time monk,
and full-time spacey-outey weirdo.
I kinda like it.
-----

Thanks for reading. If you liked this, be sure to check out some of my other work by following this link: My Poetry.


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Whose this, by the way, if you don't mind me asking? I like to know who comments on this blog hahaa

      Delete
  2. I need to practice that ability of visualizing which allows excursions into those worlds. Thanks for the reminder (I found this from your channel from the Brotherhood, in case you're interested)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are lots of great resources on the internet if you are interested. Astral Projection is a breeze for the chaste meditator and devotee of God.

      I found the lucidology videos to be particularly instructive (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw5r6gPLOU0).

      God bless you!

      Delete
  3. Hey guys, if you liked this poem you might be interested to know that I used parts of it in the first-part of a three part story that will be fully uploaded by the end of the month. The first part of it is here: http://theadventuresofdylan.blogspot.ca/2015/01/the-consciousness-of-matthew-part-i.html

    ReplyDelete