Friday, February 13, 2015

Inner Warfare [Poem]

Oft have I cried, "Lead me not into temptation"

I did not say it like the parrots in their pews.


Truly, truly, I said it in my heart of hearts. 


When will my piety at last receive its dues? 



Because still the God of my Spirit clashes


and quarrels against the Gods of my Flesh.


Every time one wills NO! the other coaxes YES! 


Will I ever rest from this fight, and breathe afresh? 



Fall a thousand times, rise a thousand and one. 


Quetism  bestows me with holy detachment, 


and Prayer fills me with mystical bliss. 


Armed with these, I'll have freedom from sense entrapment. 


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------











View some of my other works here




No comments:

Post a Comment